CIY Move Camp July 19-24th!
Get ready for the week of your life! This summer, July 19-24 MVMT is headed back to Warrensberg MO for an unforgettable week at CIY Move! CIY Move is a 5-day high school only camp designed to energize faith, build relationships, and launch kingdom movement. Join us for a week of catalytic worship, transformative teaching, and a ton of fun! This years theme is "For all. Forever." No matter who you are. No matter where you're from. No matter how good you think you are. Or how bad. The Gospel is still for you. For all. Forever.
A few of the things that are known at this time are as follows:
- CIY will follow local, state, and federal guidelines related to events and the various aspects of the event environment (housing, dining, etc.).
- CIY is working with venue partners to enhance cleaning & sanitation procedures.
- CIY will adjust schedules, seating, housing, etc. to provide appropriate spacing based on current local conditions & guidelines.
- CIY will require pre-event and daily health screenings in order to quickly identify & isolate potential positive cases.
In addition to the items listed above, some measures currently considered to be best practices and likely to be implemented based on current conditions are:
- Face Coverings: In all indoor spaces where groups are gathering. Outdoors in areas where social distancing cannot be maintained
- Social Distancing: Auditorium seating adjustments and/or duplication of sessions Additional meal shifts in cafeterias
- Cohorts: Organization of youth groups into cohorts to help limit exposure risk and assist with contact tracing should exposure occur
- Cleaning & Sanitization: Increased sanitization and cleaning schedules in all occupied buildings. Sanitizing stations in/near auditorium, cafeteria, and other regularly used buildings
- Daily Screening for Staff & Attendees: Temperature checks. Symptom related questionnaire
- Testing & Isolation: Access to rapid testing for symptomatic individuals. Designated isolation locations during testing.
- No contact or reduced contact recreation options with increased sanitization for contact equipment
CIY regularly monitors the CDC website as well as state government information in regions where events are scheduled and will continue to adjust plans accordingly. The hope is that by the time summer 2021 arrives, the need for these measures is limited. However, the safety of attendees, staff, and speakers is incredibly important, and CIY will take necessary precautions to prioritize the health and wellbeing of guests at events.
Check out the Christ in Youth website for our specific event: Missouri 2, Warrensburg, MO
What To Bring:
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Clothing for five days, including travel time
- Personal toiletry items, including prescription medication
- Bedding/sleeping bag to fit a single bed
- Money for travel, the Æffect Store, offering, etc
- (optional) Athletic equipment for recreation time
What NOT To Bring
- Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, etc
- Refrigerators TV’s, or air-conditioners
Drop off is at 11:00AM Monday at the Garage and pick up will be at 11:00AM Saturday. We are renting a school bus from First Student in Olathe. They’ll drop us off at camp and bring us back.
$30-50. They have really fun hats or shirts at the merchandise table. All the meals, except the Thursday lunch are covered by the registration price, but there is a snack shop.
We bring our own adult leaders to the event. They all attend Heartland Community Church and have been through our thorough background check process. They are all safe, fun, Jesus centered adults. Also, our Child Protection Policy ensures that no adult is ever alone with a student in a private space (vehicle, camp room or otherwise).
Email Joe Ratterman at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to make necessary
We’ll be staying in the dorms of the University of Central Missouri. Boys and their adult leaders sleep in separate halls from the girls and their adult leaders. Students are not allowed to be in a room alone. Adults are never alone with a student in a private area.
Yes! We’d love for you to meet them. Email Joe Ratterman at email@example.com and we’ll schedule a meeting so you can meet them.
We think phones provide the great opportunity to be able to connect with moms and dads back home. They also provide an incredibly high level of distraction. So, we’d encourage you to leave them at home but understand if you’d prefer otherwise. The leader that stays in their room will collect all the phones at the beginning of the trip. When they need their phone, they can just ask their leader. This will help us monitor their usage and make sure they have an awesome time! You’ll have a phone number for both Joe Ratterman and the adult leader that’s staying in the room with them. You can call or text us 24/7 with any needs.
I mean, come on, it’s camp food! It’s pretty good though. The menu ranges from chicken to pasta to pizza. There’s also a great salad bar. For drinks, there are milk and soda options.
Absolutely, unequivocally, yes! Camp provides a time to get away from the real world and allows students to experience their relationship with Jesus in a communal context. We understand it’s a huge commitment for you the parent to send your student to camp. We are eager for the opportunity to mentor and disciple your son or daughter. We are SO excited for it.
Don’t miss out on the BEST week of the summer! Sign up early for the best rate! Price includes food, lodging, t-shirt, and transportation.
4/1 - 4/25
4/26 - 6/20
6/21 - 7/11