phone: ext. 126
Adult Ministries Administrator
phone: ext. 110
At Heartland, we believe God has great designs for marriage and family. We are excited about partnering to help you experience the amazing life God intends for your marriage and family. Whether you are a married couple, single parent, a family with kids, or a single person attempting to find, belong to and become part of the family God makes, there is something for you here at Heartland.
Check out our current offerings, and be on the watch for more information about upcoming opportunities to connect and engage at Heartland.
Ozark Family Adventure 2017
July 17-20 or July 24-27 at Tan-Tar-A Resort
If your family needs a break from the everyday stresses that you naturally encounter, and are seeking to develop closer relationships with other families in our church community, consider joining us for Ozark Family Adventure.
This unique family retreat offers a rejuvenating balance of nuclear family time and separate, planned group time for kids and adults. Held at Lake of the Ozarks’ Tan-Tar-A Resort, your family will enjoy time slots for boating, tubing, and wave runners, as well as plenty of opportunity for relaxing poolside.
Ozark Family Adventure is truly a unique family experience! Our staff and interns work tirelessly to offer an environment where you can reconnect with your family through time and play. This experience includes:
- Spacious hotel rooms that sleep up to six, complete with a mini-fridge. Our guest rooms are booked as a block, so you are nearby other OFA attendees!
- Buffet meals during your stay. Menus are simple in keeping with “life at the lake,” with plenty of kid-pleasing options and parent-pleasing service.
- Plenty of water time, from the lake to the pool. Families sign up for slots for boating, tubing, and wave running. Free time is spent by the resort pool, complete with hot tub, water slide, and baby wading pool.
- Trained interns to lighten parents’ load! These students help facilitate our dock time, meals, and evening children’s clubs, not to mention they love to play with little ones in the pool and joke with school-age students.
- Evenings of adult discussion and age-based children’s activities. Adults enjoy fresh discussions and encouragement while children are led by interns to various activities around the resort.
Dates for 2017 are July 17-20 & July 24-27. Arrival is Monday afternoon; departure Thursday after lunch.
A convenient pre-payment plan allows you to vacation without financial worry! Deposits are accepted online and are $250.
To serve your family completely, registration is limited and fills up quickly.
Pricing Structure (all inclusive; kids under 3 fly free)
# in Family Cost
2 $ 775
3 $ 950
8+ call for pricing!
CLICK HERE to watch our vintage video!Click HERE to register
Financial Peace University at Heartland
April 5 – May 31, 6:30 – 8:30 PM on the Dock
Join us for Financial Peace University (FPU) at Heartland. By video, Dave Ramsey and his teaching team will walk you through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, and much more.
This 9 week class runs April 5 – May 31, from 6:30-8:30 PM on the dock.
Registration is required. CLICK HERE to sign up and order your FPU kit on their website now.
Childcare is available for a fee. Follow the link below to sign your kiddos up.
Questions? CLICK HERE to contact us.
rebuilding following a separation or divorce…join us for divorcecare at heartland
Launching Wednesday night, January 18, 6:45-8:45 PM for 14 weeks
DivorceCare is a 14-week class offering practical information that will help you recover from your separation or divorce. You will receive expert video teaching on divorce and recovery subjects, group discussion on the teaching topics, and an opportunity to continue the processing through daily individual work.
Workbooks for the class can be purchased in Heartland’s Bookstore.
For more information about this program, CLICK HERE.Click HERE to register
TechTalks 2016 Resources
TechTalks 2016 video teaching is available by following these links.
- TechTalks Opening Session – Dr. Todd Frye
- TechTalks Breakout – Dr. Todd Frye & Valerie Hamaker
- Tech Talks Breakout – Susan Dunaway
- TechTalks Breakout – Paul Kyle
- TechTalks Breakout – Michelle Nickloy Session 1
- TechTalks Breakout – Michelle Nickloy Session 2
To download the conference handout, CLICK HERE.
This event included a viewing of the Screenagers documentary. More information on Screenagers and related resources can be found HERE.
It can be hard to raise kids. No one around here is pretending.
But it can also be thrilling, and your best life experience ever. Right now, you have the chance to deeply impact your kids, and we have the chance to partner with you and help out. We care about your kids, and we care just as much about you.
Above all, we strive to create a place for your kids to have fun and grow spiritually with Jesus. So we use some jaw-dropping and eye-popping experiences to show kids God loves them. And we make sure they feel safe and secure at the same time. Age appropriate games, activities, skits, songs and videos are all part of a typical hour during the weekend experience.
Parents are the single most influential people in teens’ lives. Period. So our biggest desire is to partner with you, whatever way we can, to point them towards God. So you may ask how to go about doing that? Bring them to the weekend experience. You can drop them off, or stay and talk to us about what you’re thinking. For more info, jump over to our MIDDLE SCHOOL or HIGH SCHOOL page.
If you are an adoptive/foster parent or want to be one, we have a community for you. Please contact Amy Ames for more information and to be contacted for future events.
- Children, Families & God by Lynn Alexander
- Parenting with Love & Logic by Foster Cline, MD & Jim Fay
- Too Small to Ignore by Wess Stafford
- Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas
- The Blessing by Gary Smalley & John Trent
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Dr. Meg Meeker
- Angry Birds & Killer Bees: Talking To Your Kids About Sex by Todd Bowman
Married? Hope to be some day? Marriage is an adventure, and our desire is to help you prepare for, build, maintain, and reclaim the marriage God intended for you. Great marriages are possible, beautiful, powerful, and challenging, – it can be done, and it is worth whatever it takes. Wherever you are – we want to help!
Stay tuned for new class offerings coming in 2016.
If you are getting married and would like more information about premarital counseling or having a Heartland pastor officiate your wedding, CLICK HERE.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley
- Fighting For Your Marriage by Howard J. Markman
- Boundaries in Marriage by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
- How To Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong by Leslie Vernick
- Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
If you are married and are seeking help due to marital problems, CLICK HERE to reach our Community Care Team. You can also reach Community Care by leaving a message on our Care Line at (913) 341.5820 ext 330. One of our volunteers will respond to you within 48 hours. If this is an emergency, please call 911.